The Library

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for role-playing, world-building, and creation.

2 posters

Just a Harmless Little Heist....

QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Just a Harmless Little Heist.... - Page 39 Empty Re: Just a Harmless Little Heist....

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:58 pm

[ Okie dokie. I assume we're keeping the same charries? Do you want to add another? I'm fine with whatever, just wanted to make sure I'm not going to get confused or anything later on. XP
    Anyhow, it's a Sci-Fi type world... Sort of... It's actually kind of a bigger thing than a world. >_O There's different layers and such... Anyhow, to get there they need a jumper (a special kind of person who has abnormal abilities). I guess we *could* just drop them in, but it'd be unrealistic for that story world. =P So, whatever. ]
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Just a Harmless Little Heist.... - Page 39 Empty Re: Just a Harmless Little Heist....

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:00 pm

[ I'll keep Lezvie alone. I don't have many other guys of that type, and if I had other girls, he'd be distracted from Nae. Razz Is there like an outer layer or something? That they don't need a jumper for? ]
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:04 pm

[ XD Okay then. And I doubt Nae would be terribly distressed over that. =P Anyhow, uh. Outer layer, not really. There's seven layers- Seventh being the furthest "down", and the third being Earth/our galaxy/our reality/etc. So, yeah. They're currently on the third layer. ]
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:06 pm

[ You should send me anything and everything you have written about this story, because I'm very interested. Razz Wild jumper appears, grabs them, and jumps them onto another level? ]
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:14 pm

[ -laughs- I don't have much written about/in it yet, but I'd be willing to tell what I do know. And that works. XD "Them" being Carman, Lezvie, Nae.... anyone else this weird jumper should grab? Or not grab? I'm just gonna go ahead and have it happen, and if there's anyone else who you want to be pulled in or not to be pulled in, we'll just say it happened that way. XP ]

There is a sudden blast of wind, and the room seems completely and utterly drained of breathable air. A freezing cold, metal rope appears around the neck of those who will be pulled through (it isn't seen or felt until it appears there- so it is undodgeable). It tightens, just enough to be uncomfortable, and then everything goes black and cold. They're unable to breathe for several more moments, then light, color, and air bursts in around them once more.
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Lezvie's knives whip out and he spins around, looking for his attacker.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:18 pm

There is a man strongly built man holding the ropes. The moment Lezvie spins around, he jerks on said rope, hard. "Drop the knives! You will submit!"
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Lezvie moves with the yank so he stays on his feet, bringing up his knives to slice through the rope, and holding his other knife to the man's throat. "Who are you? Where are we?"
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:22 pm

The rope is unsliceable, at least, it is unable to be sliced that quickly. He'd have to work at it longer, even with fancy knives.

The man doesn't flinch as the knife is held to his throat. "You are in layer four, and I am your new master. You will comply, or you and your friends will regret it."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:23 pm

[Physics question. What are the ropes? His knives are indestructible and the tip is one molecule thick.]
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:40 pm

[Er. They're some kind of futuristic, other worldly, top of the line, metal-type... stuff. XP It wouldn't necessarily break his knives, it's just very very unlikely that it'd slice through it that easily. Nothing from earth can even hope to saw through it. Lezvie's knives would probably do damage with one strike, but it'd probably take more than that to completely cut it. -shrug-]
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:42 pm

[Okay]

Lezvie growled at the man, his knife buried a third of the way into the rope. If he'd been alone, he would have killed the man. With Nae present... He lowered his knives and took a step back.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:46 pm

The man nodded, smile drifting slowly across his face. "Good. Now, knives. Drop them."

Nae panted for air, having blacked out momentarily on the trip across, and now tugged at the rope around her neck. Her attempts are to no avail, however, for it has somehow latched itself in place and cannot be removed.
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Lezvie thought fast. "Look, you're the master now. I won't fight you as long as you have her. If you want me to do my best, let me keep my knives. I can do much more for you with my weapons."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:50 pm

The man snorted. "Weapons are illegal on the fourth layer without licensing." He tossed a bag to Lezvie. "Put them in there. If you please me, perhaps you will have them again one day."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Lezvie glances around, seeing the situation. He can kill the man from here, but where would that leave them?
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:54 pm

The man shifts his grip on their ropes, and a slight surge of electricity runs through them, just enough to hurt.
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:55 pm

'Just enough to hurt' is practically nothing to Lezvie. He puts his knives in the bag, then hurls two throwing daggers, catching the man in the heart and in the throat.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:58 pm

The man staggers back, but remains on his feet. Sparks dance around where the daggers are embedded. He twitches slightly before sending a much more serious jolt through the ropes. "You will comply."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:59 pm

"Damn..." Lezvie shudders with the jolt, then nods, seeming subdued.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:02 pm

The man secures the ropes to the wall, then strides to Lezvie to check him for more weapons, trailing one hand along his rope the entire time.
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:03 pm

[ Does the man have any methods of detection other than regular feel and sight? ]
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:04 pm

[ Like, telepathy or sommat? No, not this one- He just has the normal human senses. ]
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:06 pm

[ Okay. ]

The man finds two more knives and two more throwing daggers.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:15 pm

He puts them into the bag, then moves on to check Nae and Carman. Nae remains as much in the fetal position as possible, which she assumed after the last jolt of electricity. Her two hidden knives are found. Nothing is found on Carman, and the man returns to where he secured the ropes with the bag of weapons slung over his shoulder. "Stand up, we're moving."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm