The Library

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for role-playing, world-building, and creation.

2 posters

Just a Harmless Little Heist....

The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Just a Harmless Little Heist.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Just a Harmless Little Heist....

Post  The Bookwyrm Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:56 pm

Lezvie pushed the laptop back towards Mattias. "Google the terms 'Urban Assassin' and 'Black Avenger'."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Just a Harmless Little Heist.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Just a Harmless Little Heist....

Post  QuothTheRaven Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Mattias quirked an eyebrow at Lezvie briefly before doing as he said, curious as to where this would lead.
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:38 am

The search pulled up a lot of 'FBI Most Wanted' results, and similar results from nearly every law enforcement agency in the country, as well as thousands of speculative fan-sites fawning adoration on the vigilante. There's only one picture that showed his face, but it's clearly Lezvie.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Mattias raised an eyebrow as he clicked through the sites, then raised his gaze to Julian. "Care to see for yourself?"

Julian made no reply. Whatever Mattias decided, he would back it. It didn't matter to him what the websites said. If anything, he could always ask Jett to look into it.

Mattias shrugged at the unresponsive Julian, returning his attention to Lezvie and the laptop. "Well, sir, I certainly believe you are most certainly outside the government. However, there is still a security risk bringing you along." He sighed and frowned. "No matter what comes up on the internet, I cannot be sure you are not simply looking into your own interests. However... I will have one of my people look into the matter." He carefully closed the laptop and scooted to the edge of the bed. "As you've shown yourself to Julian and I, I assume you do not mind meeting the rest of the group."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Lezvie nodded. "I will meet the others. But you don't seem to understand me. I come with you on the drop, or I leave here, alone, with the statue, and the government is in here within a minute."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Mattias offered a placating smile. "Yes, yes, I heard you. At this point, however, I am not sure I can allow either of those. I wish to wait until I see what my man finds first. I hope you understand." He slipped from the bed and wrapped a sheet around himself, still not feeling too well.
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:27 pm

Lezvie nodded and took a step back, giving Mattias his space.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Julian opened and held it, on guard, as he waited for the others to exit.

Mattias nodded to him before walking out of the room and beginning the trek down the hall and stairs. What would the others say of this matter? He sighed and kept walking.
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:51 am

Lezvie followed Mattias, aware of Julian's every move behind him.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 am

Julian trailed behind Lezvie at a comfortable distance, still fully on guard, as he did not yet trust his intentions. And yes, he had to admit, he felt a bit miffed that he hadn't noticed the man following them.

Mattias led the way downstairs, to where the group had meandered into the main hangout room. Nae had rejoined them, dressed in leggings, a short pink and black skirt, and a black button-up shirt. Upon seeing Mattias emerge, along with a stranger, the entire group fell silent. Jett whipped his pistol out before anyone could blink an eye and leveled it at Lezvie.

"Hold it!" Mattias waved a hand. "Jett, put it down. He's safe."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:34 am

Lezvie's eyes had first been drawn to Nae, but the instant Jett pulled a weapon, Lezvie's knives were in his hands, leveled at Jett.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:50 pm

Jett didn't flinch as Lezvie drew his knives, the only movement he made was to adjust his aim. "Drop your weapons."

"Jett, really!" Mattias took a step toward Jett. "He isn't a threat as of now."

"I beg your pardon, but I differ in that opinion."

Mattias sighed. One of these days... he'd be sent over the edge of sanity. "Jett, he didn't draw his knives until you pulled out your weapon. Please, put the gun away."

For a moment, Jett held his stance, studying the man and his weapons, then he lowered the gun and stepped closer to Nae. If this guy proved dangerous, Jett personally would ensure that she didn't get hurt.

Mattias let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you. Now, I need you to do some research. On him." He turned to Lezvie again. "What were those search words you gave?"
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Lezvie lowered his knives as Jett lowered his guns. "Urban Assassin and Black Avenger."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Jett blinked. The Urban... He narrowed his eyes, studying him in a new light. Come to think of it, he did look like the picture. No, it couldn't be. ... Could it? Careful to keep his countenance disinterested, he nodded. "And real name?"
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:06 pm

"Lezvie." He noted the recognition in Jett's eyes.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Jett nodded slightly. "Lezvie... what? I cannot do a search on a first name only."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:32 pm

"Just Lezvie. I have no last name."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:43 pm

"I... see." Jett frowned. That would make his research difficult. Though, not impossible. He finally turned his attention from Lezvie, to Mattias. "I will have the results as soon as possible."

Mattias nodded a thank you before motioning to the group, while addressing the strange intruder. "My team. Jett is the one with the quick draw, as you may have gathered. Taph is the one in the lab coat."

Taph quirked a smile, unsure of how to react to the sudden and unexpected appearance of a newcomer.

"And those two are Carman and Nae," Mattias continued.

Nae bobbed her head to Lezvie briefly before giving Mattias a "how on earth did he get in here?" look.

Meanwhile, Carman ventured a wave. "Welcome, I guess..? Sorry, but when did you get here?"
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:51 pm

"I rode on the top of your van." He grinned slightly. "I knew I couldn't just follow you."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Carman stared at Lezvie for a moment, then broke into a grin. "Nice. I like it." He nudged Nae. "What do you think? I say he's a keeper."

Nae rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but grin a bit herself. She put her head to the side as she questioned Mattias, "Do you mean he's joining the team, then?"

"No." Mattias shook his head. "He isn't here to join, he's a vigilante."

"Vigilante?" Carman raised his eyebrows. "Really? I bet you have some interesting stories then."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:00 pm

"Oh, do I ever." Lezvie casually leaned against the wall. "I've pulled more than one heist in my time. That's why I'm fine with your operation, as long as I can be sure you're on the up-and-up."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Carman nodded. "'Course! If we weren't on the up and up, Jett would've probably already shot you." From behind him, Nae snickered.

Jett glanced up as he opened his laptop, and interjected, "Merely a precaution," before returning his attention to the computer and tapping away.

Taph cleared his throat. "If you don't need me, I will return to my lab. I have things to be done."

"Of course," Mattias said.

Taph smiled, gave Lezvie another odd look, and shuffled from the room.

"What kinds of stories do you have?" Carman asked.
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Lezvie pulled up a chair and sat backwards in it, leaning on the back of the chair, facing the group. "I assume you're all familiar with the Banthan Museum heist last year?"
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Nae and Carman plopped into chairs and propped their elbows on the tabletop. Carman stretched his legs under the table and nodded. "Of course."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:18 pm

"That was me." He grinned. "The Museum had stolen those paintings from the people of Latvia."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:31 am