The Library

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A home for role-playing, world-building, and creation.

2 posters

Just a Harmless Little Heist....

QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Just a Harmless Little Heist.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Just a Harmless Little Heist....

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 pm

"Really?" Carman stared dreamily off into the air. "A museum... those are so much fun to break into." He refocused on Lezvie. "What was the hardest place you had to get into?"
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Just a Harmless Little Heist.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Just a Harmless Little Heist....

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Lezvie tapped a finger on the back of his chair. "Hmm... Either the Russian Embassy, or the Ultra-Max prison outside the city."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:15 pm

"The Russian Embassy?" Carman stared, a bit of a jealousy touching his tone. "Aw, you're lucky... That'd be great. Prison-wise, I don't have much experience... that's more Nae's thing."

Nae smiled. "Never that prison though... Did manage to break the--" She cut herself off and frowned. Why had she almost said that? This man wasn't a part of their team. For all she knew, he'd turn right around and report them, there was no call to further incriminate herself.

Carman caught onto this and steered the conversation to a subject other than his sister. "Why were you breaking into the Russian Embassy?"
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:31 pm

"They were involved in human trafficking. The feds couldn't get proof, so I broke in, stole some information, and dropped it on the FBI chief investigator's desk." He leaned back, smug.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Nae crossed her arms and leaned back in her chair, the newcomer's smug look and stories of success prickling her annoyance. More so than a show off usually did, because she couldn't rebut with a story of her own. She fidgeted for a moment, restraining herself from relaying a story of her own, then rose and sauntered to where Julian sat, doing his research, and peered over his shoulder.

Carman glanced after his sister, wondering what was eating at her, then turned back to Lezvie with a grin. "Sounds like a good heist. Wish we got more high-profile stuff like that."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Levie pondered something for a moment. "If you're on the up-and-up, maybe you can."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Carman blinked. "Oh really? How?"
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:56 pm

"There are a few jobs I fail to take, for lack of... partners. If you're what you say you are, maybe we can work together."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:58 pm

"That would be awesome! If, that is," Carman glanced at Mattias, "If it's all good with him and everyone else... I'd like it, but not all of us like the high-profile stuff." He sighed.
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:02 pm

"Well, I wouldn't need five partners on every job. Just the ones that want the thrill of the challenges." His eyes flicked to Nae, imperceptibly giving her a once-over.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:08 pm

"Ah, right." Carman cracked his knuckles, considering this. "Well, I always love a good challenge, but this was my first team, so wouldn't want to cut free from these guys completely. You know..."

Nae glanced up from Julian's computer screen, having been silently listening to Carman and Lezvie's conversation. She liked idea of a challenge... a lot... Her mouth pulled downward as she studied the intruder. But, she wasn't sure she trusted him to be truthful. Not yet. And he wouldn't fool her either. She leaned over Julian's shoulder, resting her elbows on the back of his chair, as she gave Lezvie a semi-defiant look.
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Lezvie returned Nae's look, accepting her defiance, but not returning it. He's skeptical, sure, but he wants these people to be good people.

He turned back to Carman. "I'm not asking anyone to cut free. My usual work is simply patrolling the streets, preventing assaults. I know this city's alleyways like the back of my glove. I'd only need partners once in a while. And I'd be willing to work with you, if you need someone with my skill set."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Carman gave a relieved smile. "Good, glad to hear it. Say... How do you figure to make sure we're on the up and up?"
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:25 pm

"I'd like to come along with you on the drop, so I can see for myself what's going on."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:26 pm

"Ah, I see..." Carman chuckled. "That's why Jules is double checking you then."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Lezvie nodded. "We'll see what he brings up." He grinned softly.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Carman glanced across the table at Julian, drumming his fingers on the wood. "What're you finding?" Julian didn't look up from his screen, only muttered something about "rushing perfection" and the like. Carman sighed and turned back to Lezvie. "He takes forever."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:51 pm

"Some things take time. I wouldn't want him to miss anything. Like the time I impersonated the Pope. That was a fun job."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:54 pm

That comment got Julian's attention. "Impersonated the Pope?" he echoed.

Carman grinned. "He's the disguise guy around here."

Julian cast Carman a sidelong look, the corner of his mouth turning down. Just because he was inclined to believe Lezvie was truthful about his intentions, didn't mean he wanted information about himself out just yet. But ah well, what could you do... "That's right," he murmured. "And that would be quite the job."
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Lezvie turned away for a moment, messing with his face, then turned back, seeming much older, though not exactly resembling the Pope yet. When he spoke, however, it was with a perfect echo of the Pope's voice. "Blessings upon you, my children. The Lord smiles upon you this day."
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Julian stared at him, now completely distracted from his research. "How did you do that?"
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Lezvie shook his head, his face returning to muscle. "A lot of practice controlling my facial muscles." He grins.
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Julian studied him, fully impressed. "Couldn't be talked into parting with some of that knowledge, could you?"
    The Bookwyrm
    The Bookwyrm
    Admin

Post  The Bookwyrm Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Lezvie raised an eyebrow with a grin. "Shouldn't you decide whether you trust me or not, first?"
    QuothTheRaven
    QuothTheRaven

Post  QuothTheRaven Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:09 pm

Julian brushed his fingers over the tops of his keys. "True," he said flatly. "You could still really be a serial killer from Canada." That said, expression perfectly disinterested, he returned his attention to his screen.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:03 pm